APAC HR – Head of Engagement with Purpose, Employee Wellbeing & CSR, Tata Consultancy Services
Engagement with Purpose, Employee Wellness & CSR – Head Asia Pacific region; Tata Consultancy Services
Positioning HR as a Business Partner for Excellence
Strategic and innovative HR & CSR leader Manager close to 20 years experience. Passionate about all things related to Employee experience, Employee health and wellbeing as well as programs that create an impact in the community! Translates business vision into HR initiatives that improve performance, profitability, growth, and employee engagement; balancing business goals with employee needs. An empowering leader who builds good working relationships with diverse & virtual teams with a unique perspective and appreciation that human capital is every organization’s greatest asset.
Signature HR Qualifications
- Employee Engagement
- Employee Wellness
- CSR & Volunteering
- HR Policy, Process & Systems Design
- Global Mobility
- Employee Communication
- Change Management & Restructuring
- Employee Relations & Communication
- Talent Management
- Inclusion & Diversity
Assistant General Manager | Tata Consultancy Services | 2004 – Present
Varied HR roles in Mumbai, Pune & UK with regional & global teams.
Oct 15 onwards: Head of Employee Engagement, Wellness & CSR – Asia Pacific region
- Building momentum in Employee Engagement by bringing structure & focus through ‘engagement themes’ with commonality & alignment across very diverse 14 countries. Introduced Virtual engagement initiatives & Geo wide events such as Live talks, online contests & challenges
- Amplifying focus on total wellbeing (physical, emotional & mental wellness) through employee health & wellness benefits and robust & proactive wellness interventions. Inculcated a culture of fitness in everyday living & workplace events.
- Driving CSR and volunteering across the APAC region with focus on STEM learning programs that inspire tomorrow’s technology leaders
Jul 10-Aug 14: Head – Global HR Policy & Process Integration: Led the team that formulates and implements legally and culturally compliant HR policies and processes aligned with TCS’ global perspective; with focus on developing channels to strengthen awareness of policies and processes among the various stakeholders.
Aug 08-Jun 10: HR Business Partner at TCS UK: Responsible for effective deployment of HR processes in alignment to the business objectives and compliance to regional employment laws. Streamlined integration of one of TCS UK’s most challenging insourced account at the time. Ensured strategic alignment of HR with new business objectives and minimized business interruptions through execution of workforce integration plans. Conducted workshops on Diversity & working across cultures, Integration, leveraging customer relationships & Creative thinking Skills
Jun 04-Jul 08: HR Generalist roles based in Mumbai and Pune:
Implemented HR initiatives for those in corporate teams, practices & COEs across the globe.
Assigned to the head office & client sites at Mumbai supporting senior most executives & their teams in all HR related interventions.
Key Achievements & Accomplishments
- Achieved strong results in building employee engagement across the APAC Geography
- Created a number of assets and process improvements with the Policy Group
- Implemented restructuring programs in a heavily unionized environment in UK
- Set up new branch level initiatives for employee communication at TCS Pune.
- Created a face for HR and successfully implemented HR initiatives & procedures at the TCS head office with senior most employees
I love travelling, exploring new places, experiencing new cultures and relish new foods! Swimming and Rowing are my favourite sports and over the last year I have been working on long distance open water swims, clinching a few state level titles. Since the lockdown in 2020, I’ve started a bit of gardening and farming on my terrace with bamboo, palms, strawberries, broccoli, tomatoes and herbs. I enjoy putting in time and thought into gifts, wrapping them up nicely.
Master of Business Administration – MBA in Human Resources | Savitribai Phule Pune University | 2001 – 2003
Bachelor of Arts – BA, Economics & Psychology | Fergusson College, Pune | 1998-2001
Personal & Contact Information
Previous Name: Nusheen Master
Location: Pune, India
Languages: English, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati